EASL Young Investigator bursaries
EASL supports Young Investigators by helping them to attend the EASL Monothematic Conference “Gut-liver axis”.
To do so, EASL offers two types of bursaries to the presenting authors only of the best accepted abstracts who are aged 35 or under and/or are still in training. Application for a bursary is available to anyone fulfilling the above criteria, without geographical restrictions!
Up to 50 bursaries of EUR 650.00 each will be attributed to the presenting author of the best scored abstracts. In addition, the registration fees to the EASL Monothematic Conference “Gut-liver axis” will be waived.
Up to 50 presenting authors of the remaining best accepted abstracts answering the same criteria as mentioned above will have their registration fees waived.
Bursary applications can only be made during the online abstract submission process: before submitting your abstract, please click the appropriate box, when prompted, in the online submission process indicating your wish to be considered for the bursary.
The name of the presenting author MUST match the name of the applicant.
Requests to be considered as a bursary applicant after the abstract submission deadline will not be taken into account.
Supporting documentation upload instructions
The following supporting documents must be provided in English and are to be uploaded during the abstract submission process either as BMP, GIF, JPG or PDF files (size limit 1 MB).
- Proof of age: a clear copy of your ID, passport or driver’s license indicating your date of birth
- Proof of trainee status: A letter signed by the head of department on the department’s letterhead confirming that you are a trainee
- EASL will automatically decline all bursary requests that do not conform to the above terms
- Notifications of bursaries granted will be sent around the abstract acceptance notification date 02 April 2018
- Name changes of presenting authors (different than at the time of the abstract submission) will only be accepted if made at the time of the submission of the supporting documentation
- All confirmed bursary recipients will have waived registration fees for the conference. Please only register and pay registration fees in the case you are NOT granted a bursary.
EASL will grant bursaries only to the presenting authors who will attest that they are not being sponsored or covered by any other source in order to attend the EASL Monothematic Conference “Gut-liver axis”.
Bursary reception conditions
It is compulsory for bursary recipients to stand in front of their poster screen during the entire allocated time of the ePoster session. Absence during the session will result in a non-payment of the bursary.