VIEW THE ONLINE PROGRAMME
Welcome to the 2019 HCC Summit, the home of liver cancer research, which will address the latest developments in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) that you as a practicing physician and/or scientist should know. This year, this successful meeting will be held for the first time in Lisbon/Portugal.
There are currently fundamental changes in our understanding of pathophysiology and clinical options in HCC and CCA. After years of stability, we are now facing a multitude of new treatment options, clinical trials and new basic research concepts. While these developments offer many new opportunities for your patients, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track and implement these changes into daily clinical practice and research projects in a timely manner. The aim of this multidisciplinary summit is to bring physicians and scientists together and promote the exchange of clinical knowledge, the discussion of controversial issues and the establishment of collaborations.
The program will feature high-end presentations by renowned experts and rising stars covering a broad spectrum of topics, such as:
- New developments in Hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma management
- Basic and translational research on hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma
- Immunology and cancer and implications for immunotherapy of HCC/CCA
- Personalized Medicine
- The increasing challenge of metabolic liver disease (NAFLD/NASH) and liver cancer.
- Novel biomarker concepts in HCC and CCA
- Discussions on clinical trials between science, pharma and regulators
Special emphasis will be placed on involving young clinicians and scientists, who will have the opportunity to gain a compact overview of the field and build new networks by easily getting in touch with advanced scientists and key opinion leaders. The meeting offers many opportunities to share your research results and clinical ideas and to get new inspiration for your own career.
We kindly invite you to come to Lisbon and get involved into the future of Liver Cancer.
The Scientific Organising Committee
Sandrine Faivre, Tom Luedde and Maria Reig
View the online programme.
- Presentations by key opinion leaders in liver cancer
- Room for audience engagement and discussion
- Balance of clinical and basic research topics
Who should attend
- Clinicians and scientists from all fields related to liver cancer
- Surgeons, physicians, hepatologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, biologists, oncologists, basic scientists
- Particularly young clinicians and scientists