Physician Scientist Fellowships
EASL introduced further research opportunities through its Physician Scientist Fellowship Programme that was initiated in 2011.
As a continuation of the Dame Sheila Sherlock EASL Fellowship Programmes, this initiative aims at enabling physician-scientists to take a leave from their clinical duties and to spend 6 or 12 months in a research laboratory.
Physician Scientist Fellowship Programme is open to all registered EASL members and applicants can apply for either:
- 6-month research fellowship of 20,000€
- 12-month research fellowship of 40,000€
One 6-month and one 12-month fellowship will be awarded each year. The application form and conditions can be downloaded below.
Application for the Physician Scientist Fellowships is open from
April 30 - June 30
- Applications are reviewed by 2 external experts nominated by the EASL Scientific Committee and 2 members of the EASL Scientific Committee
- Applicants are notified by September 30
- Successful applicants are requested to attend the EASL International Liver Congress™ during which awardees are announced
- Fellowship should begin by June of the following year
- Requests for renewal, for an additional year, may be made no later than 2 months before the termination of the fellowship, pending a progress report accompanied by a letter from the tutor detailing the evolution of the project. The EASL Scientific Committee may renew the fellowship further to the acceptance of the report.
- Applicant must be a registered EASL member
- Applicant may still be in training or already hold a permanent position
- Research may be pursued in the applicant's home or an external hosting institution
- No restriction on the applicant's age or nationality
- Applicant should be working in a European institution
Applications should include:
- Detailed CV
- 2 reference letters
- Letter of support from the hosting institution
- Completed application form*
* The form (Microsoft Word format) can be downloaded below
How to apply:
- Complete the application form with personal details, project title and a detailed summary, including references, and e-mail to: Fellowships
- All requested documents should be sent as attachments to: Fellowships
- Faxed applications will not be accepted